Ok this is a bit of an odd post for NTN but I’ve had 3 people ask me since they know I’m a DIY fanatic how to make a cherry bomb, personally I hadn’t done it before so I did a bit of research and put together a bit of a how to make a cherry bomb instruction manual for building your own homemade cherry bomb.
Let me very clear here, cherry bomb’s for those that don’t know are small fireworks but with any type of explosive and DIY theirs risk and its dangerous as hell and i always recommend you to avoid doing it, also you need to check if making cherry bomb’s is even legal where you live. But either way My friends and visitors ask and I must deliver so here it is a nice little concise how to make a homemade cherry bomb instruction set. Remember I take no responsibility for you using this instructions, I’m recommending you not to do it as it’s dangerous you could get hurt if you mess up. And no I don’t think these are the same cherry bombs that you can use for a cherry bomb exhaust as far as I understand that’s a bit different.
- One Ping-Pong Ball
- Black Powder (Enough to fill the ping-pong ball up to 75%)
- A String of Fuse (At least 5 inches)
- Small Bottle of Nail Polish
- A Razor
- A Needle (or nail)
- Some Tape (Optional)Instructions
- Take a ping-pong ball and, with the help of needle or nail, make a hole in it, large enough to fit in the fuse.
- On the opposite side of the first hole, cut another hole (bigger than the previous one), with the help of the razor, in the ping-pong ball.
- Now, pour the black powder into the bigger hole, making sure to fill the ball only up to 75 percent.
- After you have filled the ping-pong ball with the black powder, patch the hole with tape or anything you deem fit.
- Insert the fuse into the first hole, the one you made with the help of needle or nail.
- Now, cover the entire ping-pong ball with the nail polish. It will help increase the noise of the explosion.
- Your cheery bomb is ready. Now, all you need to do is get a lighter and light the fuse.
Now as I said I’m definitly a big DIY fanatic but i’m not going to be showing how to build any homemade bombs or anything crazy these little fireworks are about as far as I’m going. But if anyone wants to see some other cool DIY projects post a comment with suggestions and I’ll see what I can come up with theirs surely a lot of ideas floating around in my head like homemade fireworks :)
Here’s a video of a cherrybomb in action I found on MetaCafe for those that haven’t seen what their capable of, remember I don’t recommend or take responsibility for you making one of these guys.